Medical Education Commission (MEC) conducts Common Entrance Exam (CEE) for the enrollment of students in various programs and colleges throughout the country. Based on merit list of this entrance exam, MEC provides scholarships in Medical, Dental, Nursing and Para-medical programs in different colleges under TU, KU, BPKIHS, Patan Academy, KAHS, Pokhara University, Purbanchal University, NAMS and others. MEC follows the same merit list to grant Scholarships for Medical and Dental Programs provided to Nepal Government by the Government of Bangladesh, Government of Pakistan, China, Russia and Egypt.
For year 2023, MEC is providing 430 seats for MBBS Scholarship and 108 seats for BDS Scholarship in different Medicd Deal anntal colleges in Nepal.Selection of the Candidates for the Scholarships is done solely on the basis of the merit list of Common Entrance Exam (CEE) conducted by Medical Education Commission (MEC).
Out of total scholarship seats, 55% of the seats are available for the candidates from General (Open) Category and remaining 45% of the total scholarship seats goes to the candidates applying for Reserved Category. For scholarships under Reserved Category, the priority is given to the candidates who have passed grade 6 to 10 from Community/ Government School.
Distribution of seats under Reserved Category
Considering 45% of reserved seats as 100%, the seats are divided as follows:
Women: 33% (out of 33% seats, 3% seats are reserved for Dalit Women & 2% seats for Muslim Women)
Adivasi / Janajati: 15%
Khas Arya: 17%
Madhesi: 12% (out of 12% seats, 3% seats are reserved for Madhesi Dalit)
Marginalized group: 4%
Handicapped (Apanga): 2%
Family member of Martyrs (Sahid), Family member of Disappread (Bepatta), Family member of Injured (Ghaite) warrior, Dwanda Pidit: 2%
The detailed information about Scholarships of different Programs in Colleges under different Universities and Autonomoius Institutions can be seen in the below chart:
|S No.||Program||Total Seats||Reservation Seats||General Scholarship Seats||Total Scholarship Seats|
|10.||B Perfusion Technology||5||1||2||3|
|12.||BSc. Medical Biochemistry||20||1||1||2|
|13.||BSc. Medical Microbiology||20||1||1||2|